This recipe is perfect for a light summer lunch. There is a lot of flavor in this simple, low carb dish.
I hope you enjoy it!
About 6 tacos
4 chicken breasts
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup chopped yellow or white onion
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tbs brown sugar
1 garlic glove, crushed
1 garlic glove, chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sesame seeds
About 8 Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper
Lettuce (I used Romaine but you can use any kind you like, just remember, the bigger the leaf the better.)
1. Cut the chicken breasts into little squares, put them in a Ziplock® bag and set aside.
2. For the marinade, whisk together in a medium bowl the soy sauce, apple sauce, 1/4 a cup of the onion, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, and crushed garlic.
3. Add marinade to the Ziplock® bag and shake so all the favors can mix. Leave the chicken marinating for an hour.
4. Throw the chicken in a nonstick pan, stirring and separating it once in a while so it cooks evenly in medium heat.
5. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, medium heat as well, sauté the remaining onion and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper as desired.
6. Once everything finish cooking, assemble the tacos. This part is really easy. Just take a lettuce leaf, put chicken in the middle, topped it with the mushroom and onions, and enjoy!